AITI Privacy Statement
AITI is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This statement explains how we handle your personal information.
The use of the words ‘we’ and ‘us’ in this document refer to AITI.
Your Personal Information
In order to provide you with training, employment and associated services, we may need to collect personal information such as your name, address, work history, qualifications, passport details, visa details, etc.
If you decline to provide your personal information, AITI may not be able to:
- Provide the product or service you requested, or
- Enter into a business relationship with you.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information will only be collected in relation to the provision of training services and the operation of the Registered Training Organisation.
Where services are provided on behalf of a Commonwealth and/or State Government Department, we may collect personal information from such government departments and agencies. We may also need to collect relevant personal information from other third parties (such as an employer) with or without your direct involvement or consent, however this will not include or divulge sensitive information.
Use and Disclosure
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you provide to us remains private and is used only for the purposes of operating a Registered Training Organisation.
It should be noted that data on International students may be shared between the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Protection Service and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager for the purposes of:
- promoting compliance with the ESOS Act and the National Code;
- assisting with the regulation of providers;
- promoting compliance with the conditions of a particular student visa or visas, or of student visas generally; or
- facilitating the monitoring and control of immigration
We will only disclose personal information to a third party where one or more of the following apply:
- you have given consent (verbal or written)
- it is authorised or required by law, or necessary for enforcement of law
- it will protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person
- the assets and operations of AITI’s business are transferred
Access to Personal Information
You can access the personal information we hold on you, except when government legislation requires or authorises the refusal of access.
To access your personal information, you will need to contact the Student Administration department in writing and specify the type/s of information you wish to view. You will be required to provide proof of identification in person to view the information.
Storage & Security
We will take reasonable steps to maintain the privacy and security of personal information. We ensure this by having such security measures as:
- storing electronic information on a secure server with restricted access
- storing paper-based documents securely on our premises
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required for any purpose.
Resolving privacy concerns
If you wish to raise a concern about a privacy matter you should contact the Student Administration department.